What to do and where to go in Madrid in September? Discover how to travel around Madrid with the best transfer.
Is September a good time to visit Madrid? Definitely yes. Visiting Madrid in September has several benefits:
- It is still summertime, but it is not so hot. How warm is Madrid in September? The weather in Madrid in September is comfortable with a low of 62ºF and high up to 84ºF.
- Cheaper than August. You can find cheaper tickets to Madrid cheaper than in August or July. Your hotel room may also have a lower price in September in Madrid.
- More activities. Madrid is a city full of life in September. If you are a football or a live music lover, September is perfect for your trip to Madrid.
Things to do in Madrid in September 2022
Art exhibitions, concerts, sports… Madrid wakes up in September.
- Madrid Gallery Weekend 2022. The great festival of contemporary art in which galleries and museums open their exhibitions at the same time. 8th – 11st September.
- Open House Madrid. 8th edition of the architecture and city festival that allows you to visit unique buildings and spaces in Madrid. 23rd – 25th September.
- DCODE Festival. The 10th anniversary of the festival brings together great artists and bands such as Crystal Fighters, The Kooks and The Hives. 17th September.
- James Taylor & His All-Star Band. The prestigious American singer-songwriter offers a concert in which he reviews the best songs of his career.19th September.
- Vuelta Ciclista España. The Spanish round of cycling finishes again in 2022 in Madrid with the classic final circuit with a predictable sprint finish and the podium in front of La Cibeles and the City Hall.
- Football. In September the Spanish football league will be back and the first Champions League matches will take place.
How to travel around Madrid?
Selecting the best way to get around Madrid depends on the reason for your trip and the places you want to visit. Walking would be the best option to explore Madrid’s historic centre. But if you are interested in visiting Atlético de Madrid’s football ground or the awesome park of Casa de Campo, booking a taxi is the perfect choice. If your destination is one of Madrid’s train stations, the best option is also to book a taxi.
With English Taxi Madrid, our English-speaking local drivers will be happy to answer any enquiries you may have both at the time of booking your transfer and during the ride. With our personalised attention and service, we guarantee a safe and comfortable trip with no delays.
What to visit near Madrid?
Madrid is just in the center of Spain. You can explore smaller and magical cities near to Madrid. But… which cities are closest to Madrid and what to visit?
- Toledo. Just 45 minutes from Madrid. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of the historic centre and its cathedral, synagogues, convents, museums and shops where you can find delicious sweets and the famous swords Discover Toledo with English Taxi Madrid.
- Segovia. Just 1 hour and 15 minutes from Madrid. Enjoy its delicious gastronomy with judiones de la Granja, cochinillo (suckling pig) and ponche segoviano (Segovian punch). Discover Segovia with English Taxi Madrid.
- Ávila. Just 1 hour and 20 from Madrid. You can enjoy its incredible and perfectly preserved medieval walls and its gothic cathedral. Discover Ávila with English Taxi Madrid.
Also if you need a transfer to get Madrid from the airport, you can book a taxi with us. Learn more about English Taxi Madrid rates.